Thursday, October 16, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away



Well it's raining in Indiana today. I can't do anything outside today. I have a cart sitting out in the yard with my statues and assorted decorations in it, getting rained on. I'll have to dry them out before I store them in the shed for the winter. It's my own fault, I've beeen awful lazy lately and have started a lot of things but not finished them.




I'm thinking about tying down the birdhouses, especially the ones on the arbor, It gets awful windy here and I don't want the birds homes to blow over if they nest in them over the winter. Last year, I moved them. But the birds like them there.


I hope we don't have a bad winter. I don't mind snow but I don't like it to snow so deep that you can't get where you need to go. I also hate it when the temperature gets real low, I feel so sorry for the animals who are left out in the cold. Have I mentioned that I hate winter? I like my picnic table covered with food not snow. I like my grandkids in my garden swing not a tarp covered snow mound. Most of all, I hate to see a bare yard with no flowers. YUK!
Oh well I guess I have no choice, Winter will come any way it wishes.
birdlady


No comments: