Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Getting Ready For Winter

I'm Clearing away all the garden decorations and cutting down the plants. It's time to take in the hummingbird feeders, You can't leave them out in Indiana because it gets way too cold for the little hummingbirds and they will freeze, They don't have that built in notion to fly south like the other birdsthat can't handle the cold and if they have feeders they will stay. The sugar water would freeze anyway. So to nudge them along you have to take the feeders in. We almost always have snow before Halloween. Sometimes I wonder why I stay here, I hate the cold and I have a built in need to grow things, I'm sure there are better States to live in for gardeners. Why do I stay when the birds even know better. Hey,! There's an answer, I can go South for the winter. Yeah right! I can't even afford the house I live in now, all I need is another one. I would have another yard to plant in too! WOW more gardens to grow and decorate . more birdhouses, more statues and fountains. Wait that also means more grass to cut more weeds to pull. Well maybe I should just stay here and watch the birds through the window with my binoculars and stay in where it's warm. I do have new Christmas Decorationsthat I can put out, New stepping stones, new birdfeeders and birdhouses too. Some of the birds do stay here for the winter and have a hard time finding anything to eat and places to keep warm. Plus,I can start planning out how to redo my front flower bed. Anyone want some well established transplants?

No comments: