Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fall clean up

Fall is just around the corner, It's inevitable, Winter will be here soon, I hate this time of year, Everything is getting brown, and will soon need cut down and cleared away, some things need covered and some dug up to get ready for winter. No pretty flowers blooming everywhere. No happily singing birds. My birdhouses are in need of cleaning out, The families of baby birds grown and ready to fly south for the winter. Sometimes they get used for the birds that stay here over the winter. My fountains and statues and other things that shouldn't be exposed to the very cold weather we have in Indiana, have to be taken to the shed for storage, My swing and lawn chairs also get put up. My shed is not that big and it usually overflows, the excess getting stuck between the shed and the barn and covered with tarps. Now that's real pretty. The whole process takes me a long time to accomplish and makes my yard look bare and abandoned.

Do all gardeners hate winter? I get depressed and feel like hibernating for the winter. I usually stay in the house, leaving only if I have to, The cold makes my health problems worse, I get a lot of headaches, I start longing for spring. It's a long wait.

The only thing that is good about winter is Christmas time, I get to see more of my family, My sister comes in from Iowa, and I enjoy making gifts for some of them. My indoor hobbies are sewing and crafts, Oh and that's my favorite time to redecorate areas of my house that I get tired of. Last year I redecorated the bigger bathroom. My kitchen is done in birdhouses and it needs to be redone but I don't want to change the birdhouse theme, Maybe I'll just refreshen it.

My husband has been promising to build me a pantry like closet in the laundry room. That would be a great project this year. Maybe we will just hibernate until spring.
the birdlady

No comments: