Monday, October 20, 2008

More prepaing for winter










More preparing for winter today





Well it got real cold last night and we had to use the furnace for the first time, So it seemed like a good idea to finish some of the outside work today around company that showed up unexpectedly. That was fine with us though, we don’t get to see our kids and grandkids enough. The new baby wont be little for long. He’s already 17 days old.

The whole big flower bed is cut down now except for a few mums and a few Autumn Joy Sedum, The birdbaths and birdfeeders are still there, soon the top of the birdbaths will be on their sides so water doesn’t gather and freeze causing them to break. The birds will get water from the snow. Yeah, I said the dreaded word snow. The only time I like to see snow is on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I think snow is pretty but It’s also cold and I hate cold.







I like to decorate for Christmas though. I also have some new Christmas decorations in my store now. I love the stepping stones that are shaped like Christmas light bulbs. And the birdhouse that looks like a tree ornament, I haven’t decided how to decorate this year, but that’s a good start. I like to use some sort of path lights if I can find some. I have to decorate before it gets cold though, because like I said I don‘t go out in the cold unless I absolutely have to. Decorating is important but I still don’t consider that important enough to drag me out into the cold.








I will go out long enough to feed the animals but even that is a pitch and run deal. I get real bad headaches if I’m out in the cold for long. I feel sorry for the animals and birds that are out in the cold. If I was a bird I would have to fly South. Who am I kidding I’d have to move South cause I’d never make it flying, I’m an old bird. The
birdlady

No comments: