Friday, October 17, 2008

THE BIRDS

Alfred Hitchcock THE BIRDS


Remember that old Thriller The Birds ? In the movie there were birds everywhere. For the last couple of days in the early evening When I go out the back door, I can hear the constant chatter of hundreds of birds, It's a deafening sound . I look around they have all gathered in the trees it's really strange. There are no birds flying around anywhere they are all pearched in the trees. Every tree is loaded with birds, screaching and chirping away. The swing is idely blowing in the slight breeze. Nothing else is moving,This is creepy. The sun is startng to go down, and there is a chill in the air. They must be gathering to fly south. If I didn't know better I would say this town is about to become the latest victems of Alfred Hitchcocks imagination and we will all soon be pecked to death by hundreds of birds. Stay in and cover the windows. Oh and if I remember right they are smart enough to come down the chimeny. My dog comes around the garage with a big stick in her mouth. Well they didn't get her. I guess I'm safe. I carry a few frogs and a statue to the shed. I need to get out here and finish clearing the chairs and small tables away and cover the bench and wagon and stash the garden swing. It's going to get cold soon and I don't do cold. Then It hits me, No wonder the birds are gathering so fast. Oh No, It's worse than birds, It's horrible, I won't survive!!!!! OH NO IT"S WINTER.


the Birdlady

No comments: