Sunday, October 12, 2008



Next Years Plan




I already have a general plan for some things to work on in my front flowerbed. I have an area that it very hard to keep the soil loosened up in and there are sprouts from an awful persistant bush that keeps popping up everywhere. Its in the same area as toadtown, where my frogs and toads live. I have alot of statues there, toad houses and a few plants that do o.k. there. Mainly my daylilies. I think I'll try to move all of the plants as they come up. the toads can use more rocks, maybe I'll buy some pea gravel or somthing to decorate that area in rocks and frogs, maybe a fountain, I sell one in my shop that has frogs on it,that would be perfect, but no flowers. unless I can find something that likes that hard, rocky soil. My toad town does need greenery. after all they'll need to be shaded from the hot sun, When they're not swimming in their pool.




I also have plans to take down the arbor and make the flower bed smaller,but I would like to add butterfly feeders and houses .I have plenty of birdfeeders. I do have a lot of flowers that attract the butterflies so maybe they would stay around if I add more things for them. I haven't had time to check into it much,I don't even know what you put in the feeders, but I have a butterfly house I put it out last year and it didn't have any tenants.

Oh well like I said, I haven't checked into the butterfly thing much,but I will. Don't you think this frog fountain would be perfect? I do it's so cute. I'm already looking forward to spring.
the birdlady

No comments: