Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Where did the pretty go?


Well it's almost the end of all pretty things big and small in my garden. I't s the time I really don't like. It's time for all of the pretty and colorful plants and flowers to get ready for winter. Soon all that is left will be birdhouses, birdfeeders, and a few windchimes that can handle the cold. My porch will have to be cleared too, because it is not well protected from the weather. A lot of the birds will start gathering to fly south for the winter.

There are a few things still hanging on. But the only things that look promising are the Mums and the Autum Joy, Sedum. There are still a lot of Goldfinches feeding on the Purple conflower seeds and the Black eye Susans. So I'll leave them for a while.

I guess winter's not all that bad. I can work on my website. and I love to sew and we still have work to do on the house. I also make a lot of Christmas gifts, do a lot of baking and Spend time with my family. So I will be O.K. But when springtime comes I'll be ready to get my hands in the dirt again.

No comments: