Monday, September 15, 2008

Fall Storm
Here in Indiana, We have very unpredictable weather. It is never the same from one year to the next. However, today is totally unacceptable.
Today we have the pleasure of experiencing the after effects of Hurricane Ike. As far as we live from the ocean, we shouldn’t have hurricane-associated problems, Right? If we wanted hurricane weather, we would move to the Gulf. We have snow, sometimes a lot of snow from Lake Michigan area. We also have more than our share of tornadoes since we’re right in the very middle of what they call tornado alley. But hurricanes?
My trees and gardens are taking a beating from the wind. My garden swing is hitting the frame so hard it may not make it. I have chased down the trashcans twice; my birdbaths are full of leaves. My hummingbird feeder that was full is now almost empty from swing back and forth so hard.
I hope none of my statues get broken. Our power was out for a while but its back on now. Good thing too we have an electric well pump, pressure tank, as well as everything else, You know No phone, No lights, No air conditioner, No TV. No computer. Well we do have one problem still No Cable!!! Oh No, my father and my husband are going nuts! Out here where we live, if you have no cable you get no picture. Therefore, the kids are playing video games and I am writing all of this on works until I can use my internet, which also runs through cable.
If it was springtime, I would be upset, because the wind is flattening my gardens. But most of my flowerbeds are drying up. My tomatoes and peppers are late this year from too much rain this past spring. (Probably another hurricane)They are probably everywhere I do have some fall plants getting ready to bloom too, but it’s almost time to trim everything down and get ready for winter. I’ll have to check on my birdhouses, most of them are empty now the babies having flown the coop long ago. Again, I’m glad it’s not spring. You may never hear me say that again. I love spring. There’s always next year.
Just for the record this post was a day late getting posted because they just got the cable back on.
Written by;
The birdlady

No comments: