Wednesday, September 10, 2008

full blown suprise lily

These lillies are about 4-5 days old and have been planted in this garden about 5 years now.
It is another garden of mine that I just threw together when we moved, about 5 years ago. With renovating the house and moving in I didn't have any time to plan things out or garden decor.
The plants were just spread out, and upright lily bulbs plopped in the bare spots, and it turned out great. I put an arbor at the entrance, and stepping stones down the center. I also have two birdbaths in it, 2 reg birdfeeders, 1 finch feeder, 1 hummingbird feeder, and several statues and birdhouses. The birds love it!
This garden is huge and runs across my whole front yard. It's a lot of work, but when I look out my front window. All I see are flowers,birds and butterflies, I think it's worth it. My husband looks at it as less grass to cut.
The nice thing about the suprise lily or Magic lily is that they get so full at the top but dont take a lot of space. To anyone who needs a plant that is easy to grw anywhere and don't want a lot of hassle, I recomend these lillies highly.
Written by the birdlady (Vicki Danford)

No comments: