Monday, September 8, 2008



More on the suprise Lillie's. They grow rapidly, to about 2-3 feet in just a few days, I have them planted next to my swing in a long row behind my ornamental plum trees that have some of my birdhouses in them. They look nice with their

pink blooms against the purple colored leaves of the plum trees. Actually each bunch of lillies have a Peony bush between them, But you can't tell because the peonnies dried up long ago. That's my way of optimising my planting space.


This is second day growth!



They get thicker as they get older, They bloom several flowers to a stalk. but dry up fast each flower a little later than the other as a new bud opens. In case you're wondering these are not the same ones. This is one of my hosta beds.The suprise lily doesn't have to have full sun,So I plant them everywhere. My gardens are all planted so they have continuous blooms. 100's of bulbs planted a day or two apart, in bunches. There are around 100 to 120 suprise lillies alone. Like I said earlier I love lillies.

It's a lot of work but I love gardening. I love to decorate my gardens, That's why I started my own website. All Gone to the Birds. I could never find birdfeeders that I liked And could afford. Statues were even harder to find within my budget. Now I can get anything I want to decorate with. More on the suprise lillies tomorow.....

No comments: