Saturday, March 21, 2009

Still Waiting...


I have been very bad about not writing in my blog, I have been working on my website a lot and gathering things for the flowerbeds. One thing I have waiting is in my driveway, it's a truck load of mulch. I am hoping that I have a chance to get some of it laid tomorrow, we are supposed to have a decent day, and then get rain for almost every day next week. No worry, we also have a boat in the driveway. I know rain is important , but give me a break!!! I guess I'll have to cover the mulch up tomorrow too. wet mulch is a lot heavier and harder on my back as well as bad for the trucks suspension. My hubby's truck really looks weighted down.



I've also been gathering things for my new gnome garden, I can't wait to get it started. The gnomes are going to have their own little garden too. Some of the things I want to put in my gnome garden I can't find anywhere, so I'll have to make them myself, That's O.K though because crafting is another one of my hobbies. I have a lot of things in my craft supplies that will be perfect for my gnome project. I have made a birdbath and a gazing ball for my gnomes to use in their garden, They turned out kind of cute. I wish I could get my hands on my daughters Barbie stuff, I bet there are a lot more things in there too! But her barbie stuff is all packed away somewhere. Oh well I have a lot of things already, and I'm sure I'll think of more as I go.



When I was looking for gnome items, I found another cute frog so I snatched him up too. I have so many plans for the garden this year, I'll never get them all done. I am hoping for good days for my Mieneres disease and Fibro, so they don't prevent me from working outside. I have to do it a little at a time, work some, rest some, work some, pain pills, rest some. I'm sure some of you know what I am talking about. I wish I still had the strength and energy that I had years ago.


My hubby or one of my sons will have to do the tilling and other hard things again this year. It takes me forever to lay the mulch since I have to do it bucket by bucket, because I can't handle the shoveling. But I will get it done one way or the other. My hubby always fusses at me , saying I work too hard in my garden and one of these days they will probably find me face down in one of my flower beds dead as a doornail. In reality, I will probably be face up since I can't bend over or get on my knees much, I scoot around on my butt a lot. All I can say is can you think of a better way to go? Nobody will even have to send flowers and whoever made up the saying dead as a doornail? It is not an option in my book, Aren't they all dead to start with?
the birdlady

No comments: