Saturday, March 14, 2009

Garden Frogs and Toads

Do you like Frogs and Toads? How could anyone possibly not like them? They are so cute. I love frogs and toads of any size or color. A person could collect frog statues and never have them all, there are so many on the market today, litterly thousand's of them. They are everywhere you look. I am lucky to live in a place where there are tons of toads and frogs in my yard in the summer months.

I have a special area in my front garden called toadtown U.S.A. which is where I put all of the toads and frogs that I find hopping around my yard and driveway. Usually they stay there, but a few may be wanderers and have to be placed there over and over again. One particular toad I saved kept returning to the backyard, He was found by the dog a few times but kept returning when placed in toadtown, after several trips to toad town he would see me coming and hop right straight to the vegetable garden and through the fence I put up to protect the garden from the dog. Well I could use a bug eating helper in that garden too, so I left him there. He was happy there and never wandered far.

For those of you who can't have toads and frogs or don't want them, there are statues and figurines galore to choose from. I have several in my store to choose from and they make a wonderful addition to any garden. You could even make your own Frogville or Toadtown.


Have fun with it. My frogs have their own swimming pool, houses, birdbath, solar light, and a sign welcoming visitors. I have pathways made out of rocks and pebbles and a lot of bigger rocks for them to sunbathe on. It is always loaded with frogs and toads real and not. A night It sounds like a symphony of frogs and I love it.


The frogs do a pretty good job of keeping the bugs down, That many frogs and toads can eat a lot of bugs. They are also make for a perfectly themed garden and attract a lot of attention. In my opinion every garden needs a toadtown. It is a great way to decorate any area and everyone needs a little Whimsy in their life. Frogs and toads make even the grumpiest person smile.

No comments: