Monday, March 9, 2009

A Quick Taste Of Spring




Well we finally had a very short taste of spring here in Indiana over the weekend. The temperatures soared up into 60s Saturday and the 70s Sunday. Wow! It was great. Today well it's 45 right now... It's great while it lasts. I did get some work done outside even though you can't really tell by looking. It is supposed to get around 60 again today and rain later tonight and tomorrow. We are supposed to have bad storms Tuesday. I guess I'll wait a little longer to start dragging
out my garden decorations.


I did find some green in my flower beds, if that's what you want to call it. In other words not a great start of anything except the tulips, daffodils, and some magic lilies. All of the other greenery is barely sprouted, but I guess that counts. The birds are all excited and you can hear hundreds of them happily singing and chirping away. They think it's spring already, but I know not to count on it until I see it. Indiana weather is the most unpredictable thing in the world. Speaking of Indiana I got a picture of my goose in her Indiana Pacer dress and hat. It's too cold for her bikini and she can't go naked, right? I have been gathering things for my gnome village, I'll start it soon, I have two spots in mind and can't decide which one I want to put it in yet.


I just realized that I was going to clean and set up the birdbaths, I won't have time today. I'll have to make time soon. The birds will be fine though, there are ponds not far from me in both directions, so they have water close by. I won't get the fountain going until I'm sure the freezing temperatures are gone. I don't want my pump to freeze up on me. Tomorow I'll have to get out the rest of the birdhouses because it looks like the birds are fighting over them, I guess I have a housing problem. Oh well, I will do what I can. There won't be a problem once the trees start leafing up. It looks like the trees will be loaded with nests this year. That is just fine with me,I love to watch the birds. They also keep the insect population down for me. With all of these gardens to take care of I need all the help I can get.
the birdlady

1 comment:

tina said...

You are probably getting snow right now, like us. This weather is such a tease! But soon.