Monday, March 2, 2009

Seed Starting Today

It is too cold out to do any work outside but you know that soon it will get a little warmer and if you are as antsy as I am you're wanting to get out there the first chance you get. It won't be long now. Or at least I hope not. I can't wait to drag my tools out and start cleaning away all of the nasty brown stuff and straighten things up. This winter has been hard on my garden. I have a few broken lights to fix or replace and it looks like several pieces of my border fence is broken too. The roof is off of one bird house, and it looks like I need a semi load of mulch, A lot was washed down from all of the rain we've had and of course all of the snow didn't help either.


This week I intend to start some of my seeds in little pots, I'll have to get out my little greenhouse and put it together. They will have to stay in the house for now. As soon as it warms up a little bit I will move them to the garage and set up the plant lights. My husband doesn't like it when I do that because I always get carried away and have plants everywhere. He can't get around when I spread them all out. But I don't have to spread them out until the plants start getting big, then they need more room. He says that one of these days he's going to build me a big greenhouse. Hmmm Maybe I can spread them out more. If he has to squeeze around my plants more, maybe that one day will get here sooner. ( It's worth a try) A true gardener will do anything it takes for her garden.


I also need to fix the birdbath that goes in my toad town, and fix or buy another sign for it too. Their swimming pool needs fixed too. actually it looks like the frogs had a wild party there, I think it needs a complete overhaul. Lots of work to be done ,too cold, I can't stand it much longer. I've gotta get out there. This cabin fever is turning into cabin coma, spring better get here soon.

No comments: