Monday, April 20, 2009

Nice Weather, But Not For Long.

We had some real nice weather for a few days, so I actually got outside and got my hands in the dirt. It felt great to be puttering in the garden again. I got all of the mulch down , then went to get more. The first truck load covered my two shade beds, and my two ornamental plum trees.

They look much better now. The big bed will take about two loads itself. But there's a lot of weeding to do first. Sometimes I think I have the healthiest weeds in Indiana growing in my front flowerbed. Where do they all come from?



My husband and I took up the arbor in my front bed, It has seen it's better days. The biggest problem now is finding a place for all of the birdhouses that were on it, so since it's going to rain for a few days and turn cold, we have started building a post for my birdhouses. I haven't decided where to put it yet, I like to watch the birds while I rest on the porch or in my garden swing, so it will probably go in the front bed.



We also built an outhouse for my Gnomes. My husband thinks I'm crazy, but it will make a great addition to my gnome garden. It has turned out great and just needs a few coats of clear varnish to finish it. You can buy outhouses for your gnomes, but we like to build things ourselves. It rained all day Sunday anyway. Besides, We got to spend some quality time together. He also suggested that we build some birdhouses to go on the post we made but, I think I'll use some from my website, there are so many cute ones and we wouldn't be able to make them so detailed for a decent price, So costwise and definately time wise it would be smarter to buy them from myself.

No comments: