Tuesday, April 7, 2009

April Snow Brings.......?

Well it's April 7th and we are expecting more snow, I thought the saying was "April showers bring May flowers" I wonder what April snow brings, I'm not sure I want to find out. This is crazy weather. Saturday and Sunday was nice and warm enough to work outside. I pulled weeds, cleaned birdbaths, did some mulching and started clearing out an area for my much anticipated Gnome Garden. I worked until it looked like the rain was going to cut loose. Then it started, We had a lot of hard rain, it came down so fast and furious that the ground couldn't soak it up. We had some flooding and of course some of my new mulch was washed away. Hmmm could things get worse? You bet!!!


Monday brought Snow so heavy that it seemed like a blizzard. It was so wet already that it didn't stick and soon melted. That's great. But wait we are supposed to get more snow. What is this? I am used to snow in March but April? Well at least I didn't drag out my garden decorations yet. I started to but thought I'd wait until the mulching was done. At least I got the two small beds almost done. It's too cold and much too wet to work outside now, I guess I'll have to wait for nicer weather AGAIN. The birds are all cuddled into fluffy balls, I bet they are tired of this waiting for spring too. Well maybe next month. I just hope that I don't lose any plants during this freeze.

2 comments:

tina said...

Hopefully this is winter's last stand!

abhinavwizkid said...

The article is really informative and helps us to know a lot
http://homeyardandgarden.com